Governing Body, St. Mary’s Aided School, Overton on Dee
A message from the Governors
We are delighted that our school has a website to support us in conveying information to parents and potential parents. Effective communication between home and school is essential and we hope that you find it useful and informative.
The Governors are very proud of the school’s excellent reputation and support Mrs Louise Williams and all the hard working staff in providing the highest possible educational experience for the children that come to our school.
As a Church in Wales School the Governing Body has responsibilities for staff appointments, pupil admissions, schools budget, running costs, developing policies and whole school monitoring and development.
Our Foundation Governors represent the Church. They are nominated by the local Parochial Church Council and ratified by the Diocesan Board of Education.
The make-up of the Governing Body is as follows:
- Miss Charlotte Copeman, Foundation Governor
- Mrs Cynthia Davies, Foundation Governor
- Mr Mike Done (Chair), Foundation Governor
- Mrs Catherine Eve, Foundation Governor
- Mrs Rachel Harris, Foundation Governor
- Mr Stephen Ketelle, Foundation Governor
- Mr John McCusker, LA Appointed Governor
- Ms Emilienne Rebel, Parent Governor
- Mrs Val Stevenson, Local Council Governor
- Mrs Angharad Veneklaas Slots (Vice Chair), Foundation Governor
- Mrs Sonia Whittle, Staff Governor
- Mrs Louise Williams, Headteacher Governor
- Miss Nia Williams, Teacher Governor
- Mrs Alison Gillespie
Governors’ Annual Report: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document and to click on the back arrow on your browser to return to this page.